Pettypool Girl Guides Lodge
City Build have been appointed as the main contractor to construct a new Girl Guiding Lodge in Cheshire forest.
The design can accommodate up to 30 girls and 4 leaders, each bedroom has ensuite facilities, one of the bedrooms is suitable for wheelchair users. The building has a spacious activity and dining room and a wide glass wall opening out onto some decking to link to the outdoors.
The building is DDA compliant and will offer the possibility for members to experience residential opportunities in a beautiful setting, enjoying the out of doors for many years to come.
The current lodge
- 80’s prefab building, damp
- Add on buildings with no cohesion
- Non-compliance with the Disability Act
- Energy inefficient
- Too small
The new building
- Accommodation for 30 girls & 4 leaders
- Additional disabled bedroom sleeping 2
- All bedrooms ensuite
- Disabled facilities, accessible to all
- Sustainable where possible (e.g. solar power, recycled water etc)
- Improved infrastructure: gas, water, electric etc
- Large boot room for changing in and out of outdoor gear